Re: Levetta on E61 flips to middle position by itself?

Hi Dan,

There are a couple of problems with it. Firstly, whilst it may be good to
be able to exercise the choice to have the lever in the middle position, I
don't have that choice if the lever flips to the middle of its own accord.
Secondly, and more importantly the lever has, on occasions, flipped far
enough to engage the pump.

Gary, You might have a leaking seal causing backpressure to act upon one of the pistons, thereby moving the cam, and then the lever. Or, there is nothing wrong at all except that you need to adjust the timing on you pump switch (activated by the cam on the back of the lever). If so, loosen the switch's front panel nut a turn or two and tighten the one inside. This will move the switch backwards, delaying its engagement. Of course, unplug the machine first. Dan

  • Over-centre cam locking, campy (and other) qrs etcetera...
    ... Recently in another thread jim beam claimed that the following features: ... The over-centre cam locking is not patently ... The hub in question was described as "...the old straight ... lever campy...". ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Clausing 12x37 clone will not run backwards
    ... I do not know how to diagnose this? ... I could figure out how to convert the motor but not the wiring in the panel. ... if the lever is set up with cams to actuate ... But my first bet is something keeping one of the cam ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Limit switch timing from a cam
    ... you can see a cam that operates a lever that is part of a wire ... I currently use an air limit switch on the other mechanism driven by a cam that ... We are building the third of these machines. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: Request for help with extension-spring biasing problem (drawing illustration link provided)
    ... Were you suggesting to attach the underside of the housing to the flex ... Is the flex hinge you speak of basically like a leaf spring in a "U" ... The cam and springs are not there "for the purpose" of returning the ... lever to it's home position. ...
    (sci.engr.mech)
  • Re: DTs ratcheting quick release
    ... With Ringles you had a not very eccentric cam, after closing the lever, you ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)