Re: Sale on Zach & Dani's roaster

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:39:31 GMT, ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (D.
Ross) wrote:

Marshall <mrfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| >| Think Bernie Digman and North Sullivan. If half the U.S. population
| >| isn't within a half hour of one of these sources, I'll drink a can of
| >| Folgers.
| >
| >If I'm wrong, I'll drink a jar of Taster's Choice. Your assertion, your
| >burden of proof, counselor!
| >
| >- David R.
|
| That's silly. I can't "prove" what I said.

Then your offer was vacuous?

No. It was a figure of speech.

| The market area for roasters may be much wider than you realize. Zoka
| sells in Southern California. Intelligentsia sells in Detroit and
| Boston. Gimme sells all over the Northeast. (just to name a vert few
| of many).

I am well aware of retail outlets like this. My experience with those I've
tried (for Intelly, Metropolis, Batdorf&Bronson, Vivace, among others) has
been mixed at best w/r to freshness. Moreover, they hardly cover so much of
the country that most people can easily frequent them. This is a big huge
country (I drove across it twice this year), and as I quantified, the
overwhelming majority of the population is far outside of metropolitan
corridors.

Now that's an assertion I'd like to see proven. Especially with the
"overwhelming" and "far" thrown in, you'll be in Taster's Choice for a
year, David!

Marshall

  • Re: Sale on Zach & Danis roaster
    ... | sells in Southern California. ... tried (for Intelly, Metropolis, Batdorf&Bronson, Vivace, among others) has ... the country that most people can easily frequent them. ... and living in a small midwestern or southern town is a lot bigger ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Skype singled out as threat to Russias security | U.S. | Reuters
    ... What is that to brag about? ... USSR economic performance of the given year with the economy of year 1913. ... a country that 'sells' the achievements of its policies, ... that sells a product. ...
    (soc.culture.baltics)
  • Re: Change
    ... I feel for Maggie Thatcher (on this one and only occasion) in her efforts ... get this country to change their ways. ... Lydd Airport stopped selling it a few years ago and now my boozer. ... I do have a pub across town that sells Fullers ESB on tap. ...
    (uk.local.kent)
  • Re: Talk show host, Laura Ingram, supports terrorism by the products she buys!
    ... PLMerite wrote: ... >> Talk show host, Laura Ingram knowingly buys products made in a country ... >> which sells or gives nuclear weapons technology to terrorist nations- ...
    (talk.politics.guns)