~Tim

Angel4JohnnyB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Okay, so basically what I got out of those two posts is that:

#1 I know even less than I thought I did.........

AND

#2 I know WAY less than I thought I did............

Thanks for the clarification on the maker types.......I just thought
more expensive and more automatic would be better.
I have NO experiance with coffee.......I don't even own a coffee pot as
far as I know. Hubby might have one hidden somewhere but I don't know
where......tells you how often we make coffee.
I will have to either take a class (online hopefully) or actually go to
WORK in an espresso shop (NONE AROUND HERE) to get some knowledge.

Yeah, I've read and re-read that the first thing is LOCATION, LOCATION,
LOCATION.
We have our realtor looking as we speak but we plan to be right outside
a busy military installation. On the proper side of the road for easy
access of the early morning commute.
There are a good 10,000+ vehicles that go onto post between 5am and
11am..........some go through twice (if they go home to shower after
PT)
We know it's a good location, just have to find a peice for sale.

As for going into business with the spouse...(I laughed when I read
your post).....BUT, he is the money of the operation.....;)
He is also out of the country for the next 18+ months so it is MY WAY
or NO WAY.
He can like the way I do things or he can just deal with
it.........either way it's my baby and he understands that and just
supports me. He has opinions but that's about it, the real deal is up
to me. I'm the one doing all the real work where the shop is concerned.

I do have a book ordered. "ESPRESSO! Starting and Running Your Own
Specialty Coffee Business"
Hopefully it will give me some insite.

Okay, so I do understand that LOCATION is the first thing but I can't
buy property until I'm sure the county and state will allow me to run a
drive-thru shop........I can't get a business lic. until I've got a
location and am SURE we can open. I can't be sure I can open until I'm
sure I can afford to open.....I can't be sure I can afford to open if I
don't know what all I need and what all needs to be
done.................
IS IT REALLY THIS CONFUSING????

  • Re: Automatic or Semi-Automatic???
    ... There's usually a dependent services office ... grunts living on-post had the spare money to blow on fancy coffee. ... As for going into business with the spouse...(I laughed when I read ... sure I can afford to open.....I can't be sure I can afford to open if I ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Guitar center
    ... store we have, regularly beats GC on pricing no matter how low GC ... Amazingly GC hasnt even driven them out of business. ... Starbuck's espresso and espresso based drinks ain't that ... who just finished his coffee - Single source Zambian Lupili ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Automatic or Semi-Automatic???
    ... I'm brand new to this site and to the coffee business. ... was the Astra Super Mega II Automated Coffee & Espresso Service Center ... first year (regular memberships are $195 after that). ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: super automatics
    ... another look (not to mention its espresso). ... tobacco, incense, tea and since about a year, coffee. ... Properly tuned, the larger Cimbali supers etc can produce shots, but the small supers are best suited to milk drinks that happen to have some coffee in them. ... My business depends on my coffee being far better in order to generate repeat business, which in 6 years I've slowly succeeded at. ...
    (alt.coffee)
  • Re: Getting started
    ... cup of coffee. ... Basically what I want is to make espresso at home. ... to afford to try again ... ... Check out Ken's website at www.kenwilson.fsnet.co.uk ...
    (alt.coffee)