Re: Coffee beans and rodents?

On 2006-01-09, Barry Jarrett <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> only if there's nothing else to eat.

Hmm, not sure if I feel like putting down some alternative food ;-)

> we did have one in the basement who apparently ate some roasted beans,
> as his favorite hangout was the espresso machine (it was winter).

I've seen references on some websites to coffee bags attacked by rats
on board ships, so it seems they're not above having a munch. I don't
know what kind of creature is in my loft but I suspect that rats are
around somewhere, they seem to get everywhere and I live out in the
country so I'd be surprised if there were none. There's signs of
small droppings up there, but all concentrated around one area so I
suspect there were bats above at some point.

I think I'll get my raccoon hat on, lay some floor traps and see what
surfaces.

  • Re: GraphicConverter 7.0
    ... Hmm - care to pass comment? ... And if you have nothing in shot that's not white or neutral grey, ... met the dodgy colour balance, /then/ I looked up how to set the camera's ... Hmm - I suspect that that's an unfair term, and so illegal in UK law. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Recovery, just not the normal sort
    ... Though I suspect that TFGoogle will ... Hmm, OK, TFG tells me that it's what I would call "tvey ba gbc" even if that ...
    (alt.sysadmin.recovery)
  • Re: BKL: remove extraneous #include
    ... Hmm. ... I think that part was a mistake, but I suspect the simplest fix ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: IEnumerator/IEnumurable
    ... Peter Duniho wrote: ... I suspect that allowing it could open up some interesting corner cases, ... Hmm. ... covariance with generics would be (that one seems pretty easy to ...
  • Re: the Temple of Aggregated Optimizations Re: The First Church of Robotics
    ... not the RL of the robot. ... I did suspect something like that and was going to post a ... cartoon of rats "training" the researches to feed them when ...
    (comp.ai.philosophy)