Re: How Many Tablespoons in a Pound of Coffee?

Too many variables to say exactly so many per pound. Light roast is heavier
than dark roast. Fine grind will get more weight in the tablespoon than
coarse grind. Why not buy a pound, grind, scoop and report back in the name
of research?
--
*********************
Ed Needham

"Craig Werner" <coffeebuff@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Greetings to the group.
>
> Is there a more or less standard response to the question of how many
> tablespoons one can expect to get out of a pound of ground coffee? Let's
> assume we're talking about coffee ground for a drip machine;. I know, of
> course, that this description admits to a wide range of grind finenesses,
> and I have also heard that a tablespoon is not a consistent measure;
> nevertheless, I can't help wondering if there is an acceptable answer to
> this question.
>
> Thanks for all help.
>
> Craig

  • Re: Which tool? meat grinding
    ... I wouldn't grind one pound of rib eye to make four burgers. ... attachment and a food processor and I wouldn't go through all the ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • REC Fruit Cake Time Again
    ... Rich Dark Fruit Cake ... tablespoon Cinnamon ... pound Citron or chopped candied lemon and orange peel ... flour before measuring. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Pizza Dougth Question
    ... A little sugar is good, too, about 1 tablespoon per pound ... I always let it rise in the fridge for at least 24 hours. ... Use really good EVOO in the dough, ... tablespoons per pound and I grease the bowl with it as well. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Which tool? meat grinding
    ... I wouldn't grind one pound of rib eye to make four burgers. ... Think about letting your butcher or supermarket meat dept. grind what you ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Which tool? meat grinding
    ... Janet Bostwick wrote in rec.food.cooking: ... I wouldn't grind one pound of rib eye to make four ... Think about letting your butcher or supermarket meat dept. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)