>> "Java Man" <rickk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > In article <abd5f$435d2329$513b6e7f$11506@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>> > reply@xxxxxxxxxx says...

>> > I wasn't aware that the OP was asking about a professional environment.

>> > I find the coarser grind is necessary to get a satisfactory single
>> > despite the smaller total area of the holes in the single basket.
>> >
>> > Rick
>>
>> That's the ultimate answer.
>> I find....
>
> I'm sure it's not "the ultimate answer", but perhaps you could explain
> why using the grind that works fine for doubles on my machine chokes it
> for singles?
>
> Rick

The first thing that comes up is the amount of coffee.
The coffee in the pf expands when getting wet. It needs room for expansion
otherwise it chokes the flow.
Try using less coffee and try using less pressure for tamping or just don't
tamp but level with some force.

This all goes for good evenly -consistently- grinded coffee. If not it will
become concrete.

Ronald

  • Re: bigger lawyer lips on the way?
    ... Rick wrote: ... >> Tea is supposed to be made with boiling water. ... > And coffee should be brewed at just over 200 deg F at sea level. ... > selling coffee is selling something below 180F, ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Friday Night Smoke: December 16, 2005
    ... Evenin' Rick. ... Haddo's in the calabash. ... horkin' Mason jar of coffee, with lots of sugar and milk. ... skin the other day, and it wasn't bad, despite being skin. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Has anyone every seen this problem before or have any ideas?
    ... I'm filled with understanding (and hot air and BS and a bunch of other ... some more coffee, Rick! ... coffee does sound like a nice idea. ...
  • Re: pub closures
    ... suprisingly large and well attended establishments hit round here we'll ... Costa Coffee and Caffe Nero are missing a trick or two here. ... just after Andy's (where I bought the Rick) went bust. ...
    (uk.music.guitar)
  • Re: Babylon 5 - The Lost Tales
    ... Buying her a cup of tea or coffee. ... Rick (sometimes is a GentleRF and sometimes is not) ...
    (rec.arts.sf.tv.babylon5.moderated)