Re: First newbie question
- From: jim schulman <jim_schulman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 17:05:55 -0500
On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:32:57 GMT, Guy Snape
>Thanks for the quick answer. Another thing - the grounds in the PF are
>very wet, not the solid cake I was expecting, and not easy to knock out
>into the compost bucket. What's going on there? Should I just leave them
>to dry out a while?
Two reasons: the crema enhancer tends to loosen the puck (it also
reduces the strength and body of the shot, which is why you aren't
etting the gloopiness). Commercial and higher end home machines come
with a valve that relieves the pressure and dries the puck after the
shot. Your machine doesn't have it, so it would take about a minute or
two for the puck to dry.
The wet puck has no diagnostic significance for the quality for the
Welcome and good choice on the grinder, btw; it will make a big
- Prev by Date: Re: espresso... why bother with all the hassle???
- Next by Date: Re: First newbie question
- Previous by thread: Re: First newbie question
- Next by thread: Re: First newbie question