Re: Is it safe and wise to backflush my Rancilio Silvia now and then ?
- From: JeeWee <vlaflipremovethis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 14:20:20 +0000 (UTC)
> So I am wondering if it is still safe or should I better avoid
> backflushing and only scrub the grouphead now and then with a brush
> and unscrew it once in a week or so for a thorough cleaning ?
> If backflushing IS safe, how often should I do it with and/or without
> cleaning agent ?
You should try to backflush your machine. Surely you have read how to do
it. You will be amazed how much gunk comes out of your solenoid valve and
into your blind filter. No backflushing will leave that grease and
grounds in there.
What is against backflushing?
I have backflushed my old Rancilio Audrey many times. I now own a Bezzera
BZ99. I backflush it every 2 to 3 weeks. I also do a cleaning of the
grouphead and showerscreen every other day: I run water through the empty
portafilter and release it from the grouphead and wiggle it a bit so
water will run through the gasket and the filterbasket. This will get rid
of stuck grounds.
Where is the Barista course you were talking about taking place? Are you
Good luck with your setup,
- Prev by Date: in defense of SB formerly Re: Any Starbucks Fans?
- Next by Date: Re: Is it safe and wise to backflush my Rancilio Silvia now and then ?
- Previous by thread: Is it safe and wise to backflush my Rancilio Silvia now and then ?
- Next by thread: Re: Is it safe and wise to backflush my Rancilio Silvia now and then ?