Re: decreasing flavor with home roasted coffee
- From: "JoeP" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 6 Aug 2005 12:22:00 -0700
Sure I'm responding to Liz Noob. in particular to this response-"Hi
I've made no adjustments to the Poppery. My memory isn't great, but I
*believe* I used to be able to roast this same decaf to second crack
with this Poppery, not just the DSB (that still works).
I am roasting 'till the thermometer says 475, for the DSB; I give up
after a long while with the decaf! But it looks to be at least full
city to full city +. And I don't understand why the temp keeps
dropping--one minute it says 450, and the next minute 375. Again, this
is only with the decaf!
I let the beans rest in a plastic bag with a degassing valve for at
least 24 hours, then store them in a mason jar. The thing I don't get
is that things have changed--initially I loved my coffee made with
these same blends, roasted to 475 (when i could do it!), stored the
same way, etc. I do hope it's not my taste buds that have changed....
I just did a full machine cleaning--I look forward to seeing what I
think tomorrw morning.
The original poster of this thread. It looks pretty obvious from Google
- Prev by Date: Re: How about that versalab grinder already?
- Next by Date: Re: decreasing flavor with home roasted coffee
- Previous by thread: Re: decreasing flavor with home roasted coffee
- Next by thread: Re: decreasing flavor with home roasted coffee