Re: Re: Those infernal tiny machine screws ...

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 15:50:08 -0400, The Ghost of General Lee wrote:

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 13:32:21 -0500, "NotMe" <me@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Torix (spl?)

Close. It's torx.

I have to use a security torx bit to remove the MAF sensor on my car
to clean it. They are also frequently used in electronic devices such
as hard drives.

The Wiki page above shows examples of numerous types of fastener

I'll buy that -- Torx it is -- but, seemingly, requiring driver
of size even smaller than T1, as microscopic examination reveals
a point-to-point distance of about 0.020" (T1 is a big 0.031").

Are there a T0? or a T00? or other superminiature size(s)?

Thanks, all for your guidance! Cheers, -- tlvp
Avant de repondre, jeter la poubelle, SVP.