Re: Droid X and Samsung Galaxy S today...

"Larry" <noone@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Xns9DB8526D46E0noonehomecom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Nessnet" <richard.no@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in

Again Larry, Efuse is a Motorola thing. Other Moto phones on other
carriers also have it.

It's NOT Verizon "hobbling" like you blather about...

Why should Motorola give a shit what you do with your phone after you buy it? The more the phones do, the more phones sell! It's in the manufacturer's interest to cram every kind of feature imaginable into the phone and have it work as easily and quickly as they can make it.

The CARRIERS, on the other hand, want the phone to MINIMIZE DATA USAGE as much as they can get away with to REDUCE COSTS. Motorola doesn't give a shit if it uses 5GB/day. They're not paying for data, Verizon is.

Sorry, it simply doesn't wash now any more than it did when the first CDMA tower lit up. Phone features are hobbled and shut down by the CARRIERS, not the manufacturers, to enhance revenue. It's simply about the money.

--
iPhone 4 is to cellular technology what the Titanic is to cruise ships.

Larry

See my answer to Larry's rant above.

"Gross generalizations"...... (with a bit of paranoia thrown in) .

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Droid X and Samsung Galaxy S today...
    ... It's NOT Verizon "hobbling" like you blather about... ... Why should Motorola give a shit what you do with your phone after you buy it? ... The CARRIERS, on the other hand, want the phone to MINIMIZE DATA USAGE as much as they can get away with to REDUCE COSTS. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: Droid X and Samsung Galaxy S today...
    ... It's NOT Verizon "hobbling" like you blather about... ... Why should Motorola give a shit what you do with your phone after you buy ... The CARRIERS, on the other hand, want the phone to MINIMIZE DATA USAGE as ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: VZW fucks people over (again?)
    ... Todd Allcock wrote: ... is one of the carriers who eventually became part of Verizon. ... Verizon, as good as their coverage is, doesn't work ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: Sync a basic phone with Outlook?
    ... Verison of intentionally misrouting a bill. ... I never gave it to Verizon, ... Consumer Cellular, I'll remain with them. ... it was less than the other carriers. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: PC World Review of BB Storm
    ... The problem is that in the SF Bay Area Verizon has a lot of users by the short hairs, and unlike you, switching carriers would be a really bad thing to do. ... I was reminded of this last night when I went to a city hearing on a proposal to allow carriers to install cellular towers in city parks in order to address coverage issues. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)