Re: Can you still buy bag cell phones for modern cell system?
- From: Larry <noone@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 04:59:03 +0000
me@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote in news:1j2gv55273uk1m1mg8ajsaj4qohg13imbt@xxxxxxx:
I'm a bit frustrated with spotty coverage, drop outs,
etc in rural areas of Missouri
Is it still possible to buy/use bag cell phones of 3
watts or so to use with modern digital cell phone
systems such as Verizon or PagePlus?
Verizon no longer supports AMPS and has shut it down everywhere that I
know of. In the West, many pageplus customers report being able to
connect to small Mom N Pop rural carriers that are still AMPS only at
pageplus' cheap rates if you have an AMPS-capable phone in areas where
digital only phones say NO SERVICE. Some verizon customers so equipped
got roaming in some of them, but not on others where the little carrier
had no deal with Verizon, itself.
Motorola makes a fake bagphone that does AMPS and CDMA. I tried one on
Alltel a couple of years back but returned it when I found out it was
just the boards out of an AMPS/CDMA SC-725 handset in a bagphone box
with a handset for old-times-sake. It wasn't a real 3 watt bagphone
that gave AMPS such great power and range.
I googled "Missouri Rural Cellular Carriers" and found some info you can
Big list of deadspots in Missouri....
Missouri customer reviews...
Creationism is to science what storks are to obstetrics.
- Prev by Date: Re: PagePlus roaming and "double dialing" question?
- Next by Date: Re: PagePlus roaming and "double dialing" question?
- Previous by thread: Re: Can you still buy bag cell phones for modern cell system?
- Next by thread: Re: Can you still buy bag cell phones for modern cell system?