Re: Teen Runs Up $22,000 Verizon Bill

On 12/15/2009 04:32, D. Stussy wrote:
"Pegleg"<brian.pegleg.jones@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:hg6jrc$qll$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
D. Stussy wrote:

He probably didn't realize that the phone was even data
capable.

Your point being?

The parent signed the contract, he is responsible!

I'm not saying that the parents aren't responsible. I am saying that they
didn't know what the phone was capable of (while VZW does), and when they
placed the limits on the child's phone, the VZ CSR should have inquired
about the data service they were unaware of (thus making them aware).

I don't believe it is really that difficult for someone to ask: "so what is included and what costs extra?"

  • Re: Verizion-Moto Blues...solved...
    ... And you say the 2 yr contract buyer, ... whenever the 3rd party decides they want it to, ... would now that's how VZW does things. ... NOTHING Google can do about it, ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: VZW fucks people over (again?)
    ... that's what VZW is with this one. ... Both services are Verizon resellers with fairly similar rate plans. ... I'd rather just pay for my cell phone without being contracted ... and reminded me of my contract dates and ETF's. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: Getting A New Verizon Number In Extended Network
    ... > get a new "vzw" number in an extended area. ... > contract, is to find yourself in an area that is extended service. ... > they are still regional by computer system. ... >>> If they don't have native service in that area, ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: Verizion-Moto Blues...solved...
    ... controls over giving you access to those things. ... And you say the 2 yr contract buyer, ... whenever the 3rd party decides they want it to, ... would now that's how VZW does things. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: BlackBerry Storm2 9550 Phone
    ... The answer is not only no but it'll cost you MORE! ... You can buy a phone cheaper from other sources but VZW will still charge you the exact same amount for your monthly voice or voice + data plan. ... The only advantage of buying the phone separately is that you're not tied to a contract which is something you must decide yourself. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)