Re: Google Voice won't work for faves, calling circles or favorite numbers for incoming calls
- From: SMS <scharf.steven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 23:29:22 -0700
SMS <scharf.steven@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:rE67m.16473$OF1.13777
I noticed that when I receive an incoming call from a Google Voice number you get the same sort of non-number that you get with Skype on Caller ID, or "Unknown."
You must have something set wrong. Or it may vary by area code too, I guess. If you go to the GV "settings" page, about half way down there is an option to have caller ID display either the caller's number or your own GV number. I'm in area code 812 and have mine set to show the GV number, and it correctly indicates my GV number every time someone calls.
Thanks, you're right. That fixed it. I was getting "Unknown" because I was displaying the caller's number, and caller ID was blocked. Now it works fine.
- Prev by Date: Re: Verizon - high prices for wireless Internet
- Next by Date: Re: possible switch to VZ
- Previous by thread: Re: Google Voice won't work for faves, calling circles or favorite numbers for incoming calls
- Next by thread: possible switch to VZ