Re: want to cancel without early termination fees?

mgrahm@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Our Rights to Make Changes

Your service is subject to our business policies, practices, and
procedures, which we can change without notice. UNLESS OTHERWISE
PROHIBITED BY LAW, WE CAN ALSO CHANGE PRICES AND ANY OTHER CONDITIONS
IN THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BY SENDING YOU WRITTEN NOTICE PRIOR
TO THE BILLING PERIOD IN WHICH THE CHANGES WOULD GO INTO EFFECT.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR SERVICE AFTER THAT POINT, YOU'RE ACCEPTING
THE CHANGES. IF THE CHANGES HAVE A MATERIAL ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOU,
HOWEVER, YOU CAN END THE AFFECTED SERVICE, WITHOUT ANY EARLY
TERMINATION FEE, JUST BY CALLING US WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER WE SEND
NOTICE OF THE CHANGE.

Sounds, as though it only lets you terminate the affected service
(text messaging) not the your entire cell phone contract.

Michael

That wording allows you to cancel the contract in total. I am sure they don't want to include that option but from what I understand those terms need to be in the usual contracts that cellcos have to make them enforcable.

  • Re: Verizon Sleaziness
    ... He advised me that I had 'updated' my phone to receive extra minutes in April of this year, therefore the early termination fee applies. ... If you did not SPECIFICALLY agree to any promotions I would dispute it in writing with Verizon. ... suggested doing everything in writing (use registered mail with return receipt so you know when they got the mail). ... If both sides didn't agree to the contract - and in this case, the things they said you did, which would have obligated you to a new contract - weren't things you actually did -- if both sides don't agree to the contract, then by law the contract is not valid. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: NE2 upgrade?
    ... HAVE A MATERIAL ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOU, HOWEVER, YOU CAN END THE ... your customer agreement continues on unchanged past the end of your ... contract, the end of your contract doesn't change Verizon's rights ... changing the terms "materially" lets you walk without an ETF. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: plan changes will require new agreement
    ... >>> Since this is a significant change in the terms of service, I wonder if>> it would allow one to cancel their contract without the early>> termination fee? ... legal opinion says that it is. ... Find the wording in the contract that explicitly states you can change your rate plan without extending your contract. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: Unlocking Moto V551
    ... I called Verizon 10 times in one day to have them ... cancel my contract without an early termination fee and they ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: New Administrative Charge
    ... >$175 early termination fee. ... agree with the new administrative fee charge you can cancel your contract ... If I choose to cancel my contract, no charge, which I was ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)