Re: want to cancel without early termination fees?

mgrahm@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Our Rights to Make Changes

Your service is subject to our business policies, practices, and
procedures, which we can change without notice. UNLESS OTHERWISE
PROHIBITED BY LAW, WE CAN ALSO CHANGE PRICES AND ANY OTHER CONDITIONS
IN THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BY SENDING YOU WRITTEN NOTICE PRIOR
TO THE BILLING PERIOD IN WHICH THE CHANGES WOULD GO INTO EFFECT.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE YOUR SERVICE AFTER THAT POINT, YOU'RE ACCEPTING
THE CHANGES. IF THE CHANGES HAVE A MATERIAL ADVERSE EFFECT ON YOU,
HOWEVER, YOU CAN END THE AFFECTED SERVICE, WITHOUT ANY EARLY
TERMINATION FEE, JUST BY CALLING US WITHIN 60 DAYS AFTER WE SEND
NOTICE OF THE CHANGE.

Sounds, as though it only lets you terminate the affected service
(text messaging) not the your entire cell phone contract.

Michael

That wording allows you to cancel the contract in total. I am sure they don't want to include that option but from what I understand those terms need to be in the usual contracts that cellcos have to make them enforcable.
.