Re: Verizon locks their phones?

yes, I am the proof. I had Verizon for 10 years and then switched to Sprint.
I am very satisfied.

"XS11E" <xs11e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
"Jim Dubya" <jimdubya@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sprint service is better than Verizon and they don't lock their
phones. Also, Sprint phones can be forced to roam on Verizon.
Verizon is being sued for locking their phones.

You have some proof of these statements?

  • Re: Does the iPhone come with a set of handcuffs?
    ... So what you're demanding here is immediate gratification. ... they made an art out of crippling phones, ... You're self-contracting yourself: since Verizon sells crippled ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: PagePlus raises unlimited plan next month.
    ... Must be pressure from Verizon. ... It's not just the upping of the unlimited rates, it's what's happened with feature phones, smart phones, and InPulse phones. ... Again, I'm sure it's not PagePlus that has been the impetus behind all these changes, but they still are negative changes to what was a service that had very few negatives. ... I suspect the free QNC data is also a lot like that- my PagePlus smartphones get unlimited free 14.4k Quick2Net data, apparently because there's no existing method in Verizon's systems to "trap" those calls and either block them or count them against the MVNO It's been publicized enough on the web that Verizon has to be aware of it, but it's probably something else not "worth" bothering with due to low abuse Thankfully, given the low potential for abuse I doubt it'll end anytime before Verizon finally obsoletes and abandons QNC support entirely. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: U.S. Supreme Court Rejects Cingulars Attempt to Force Class Action Lawsuits into Arbitration
    ... No, the settlement was that the people that bought the crippled phones could return the phones and all accessories for a full refund, and terminate their contract without a cancellation penalty. ... Without the class action lawsuit, the V710 owners would have got nothing. ... Without that incentive, they would not take class action cases, and companies such as Verizon would be able to get away with this sort of deception in the future. ... It's very popular to bash these class-action lawyers, and lawyers in general, but it's usually done out of ignorance, or because the individual has succumbed to the corporate attempts to paint these lawyers all as snakes. ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: After 13 years with Verizon, I am fed up with....
    ... onto Verizon's MY ACCOUNT to activate phones on your accounts. ... I have received three letters/flyers from Verizon that states that analog ... phones on Verizon wireless will be disconnected as of Feb 18, ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: How Will Verizon Defend Higher Early Termination Fees?
    ... Verizon to recover the cost of the handsets it subsidizes. ... establish 'reasonableness'. ... Only ONE of my phones was eligible for the upgrade discount ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)