Bars but no call?
- From: Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R <caf@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 11:25:25 -0700
Sunday I was at the Flying M Ranch 10 miles west of Yamhill Oregon.
Cingular works there, but Verizon doesn't unless the weather
is just right.
I was surprised to discover five bars on my Kyocera 7135.
A new tower perhaps? But I couldn't make a call. Nothing
happened when I entered a phone number. I reset the phone
but there were the five quite useless bars staring at me.
This strong but useless signal persisted for several miles.
Upon reaching civilization the phone worked normally, albeit
showing low battery.
Any ideas what caused this? Is a new tower broadcasting but not
connected to the network yet?
Chuck Forsberg caf@xxxxxxxx www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Developer of Industrial ZMODEM(Tm) for Embedded Applications
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231 FAX 629-0665
- Prev by Date: Re: Signal Strength Question, Part II
- Next by Date: Re: Bars but no call?
- Previous by thread: Signal Strength Question, Part II
- Next by thread: Re: Bars but no call?