Re: Keeping your customers in the dark

Finding the keyboard operational
Ange1o DePa1ma entered:

"Notan" <notan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:44EF8428.823C9713@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ange1o DePa1ma wrote:

<snip>

I keep saying this, but imagine -- imagine the state of retail
sales in this
country if every vendor operated that inefficiently. Somehow
Verizon is able
to do it and stay in business.

With all due respect, after all that, you still ordered the phone.

THAT'S why they're still in business! <g>

Notan

Not exactly, it's the $170 termination fee. IMO since these cell
companies are quasi-monopolies, the FCC or FTC should step in and
order them to work out a way to eliminate these confiscatory charges
and somehow recoup their losses on a phone.

Actually they stay in business with the bells and wistles not the phones. It's the HP printer philosopy. Give away the printer and charge like hell for the ink. In this case it is a deeply discounted phone then the Vcast and Web and roaming and over minute air time.
Cellular phone companies are no where near a monopoly. In any major metro area you have 3 or 4 choices. Guess what, they are all the same. The FCC regulates their airwave use and ths FTC isn't going to step in to fix someones price structure unless it is for a non luxury item. i.e. milk.
Tech support for any company is a cost center not a profit center. It's how cheaply can we run it without losing too many customers. Phone sales are probably such a small precentage of their income that they don't plow alot of money into it.
The world is not the way we want it. It is the way it is.
Bob

--?
--?
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
www.moondoggiecoffee.com

  • Re: The Apprentice - Ay Caracas Columbus!
    ... JIm is a chancer and will be the one that gets panned at interview. ... It's just sales - I'm hoping that now recession is here when we come out ... When it comes to business I prefer dealing ... I can just imagine Jim on a South-London car lot trying to flog used ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Tagua nuts....too much ganja over in hobbitville ?
    ... The Grant always gets a little wacky when business is off. ... imagine this economy is favorable to the sales of over-priced ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: Astronomy vendors and their "sales"
    ... their sales continue to dry up. ... electronics store in my area that was closing down a few years back. ... knew Circuit City was going out of business, I decided to make a trek ... Since the economic distress took hold this autumn, liquidators have ...
    (sci.astro.amateur)
  • Re: The Apprentice - Ay Caracas Columbus!
    ... JIm is a chancer and will be the one that gets panned at interview. ... To be fair I shoud say that not all sales people I run into are as ... When it comes to business I prefer dealing ... Melody would be like and having to listen to her outline it? ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: Work From Home
    ... well most peplles disposable income after all bills paid is around £50 ... >> still tell you about the business. ... >> If you actually have sales at people's houses you had to buy enough books ...
    (uk.jobs.contract)