Re: V325 vs. E815? (reception, reliability)

Mike Levy wrote:
On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:47:11 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

tman wrote:
I think I've narrowed it down to these two Motorola phones (thanks for
the help so far!). I know they both seem to have great reception and
voice quality (hearing and speaking) and I've researched the feature
advantages of each.
Avoid the E815 because it isn't tri-mode.

The two to look at are the V276 and the V325.

Unless analog is important, this makes no sense. Not to mention that
analog towers get phased out over the next year or so.

Analog is _permitted_ to be turned off in 2008. But non-Verizon rural analog will continue long after that.

I've had my
E-815 for almost a year now and haven't been anywhere there was no
signal on the phone.

Many people don't even realize that they have an all-digital phone until it's too late. I.e., one relative I have that works in San Francisco, didn't realize it until she no longer got a signal inside the hospital where she works, when she got an E815. Unfortunately she had already sent in the rebate, so she couldn't return the phone.
.