Re: Verizon Voice Message problems

On 17 Mar 2006 10:23:49 -0800, bear_heart91@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi, I am having problems sending and receiving voice messages. When I
try to reply to a voice message in my box it doesn't work. The messages
are returned back to me as undelivered. Why is this? I have never had a
problem until a few days ago.

Before when I hit reply I would get the name of the person I am sending
the message to. Now all I get is the recording of their number and not
their name. And the message is never delivered.

When I try to reply to a message that was sent while my phone is off,
sending a message isn't even an option. It says that I can not send a
message to an unregistered user and this is to another Verizon customer
so they are definitely a registered Verizon user.

Is anyone else having problems?
I have been also having problems with Verizon voice mail, although
different than yours.

It started about 2 weeks ago, and the problem is that voice mail does not
pick up, either from my cell phone, or incoming calls. Last week it was
about 100% of the time, this week its about 30-50% of the time. Sometimes
it rings 5 times, goes click, and then nothing, sometimes an error message
saying service I want is unavailable, sometimes rings 10 times and then
does pick up, but by then caller has given up.

Talked to Verizon (many times) which did nothing but raise my blood
pressure. Last week they said they would look at it, and I got a call back
saying they could not find anything and to take my phone to a Verizon store
to have it checked out. I did, and the reps in the store thought that was
about as useless an excerise as I did - WTF does my phone have to do with
voice mail picking up an external call?

This week I tried talking to them again, and its like talking to a bunch of
retards. They can't seem to understand that calling my phone to duplicate
the problem might be the start of a way to fix the problem, and they
continue to insist that voice is fine.

Since I'm no longer under contact, I'm beginning to think that switching
carriers might be the solution to get reliable voice mail again.

  • Re: Audiovox XV6600 Problem
    ... One incredible thing about the pc/phone is the voice recognition software, ... an add on from Microsoft. ... If Kevin Wright has three numbers, ... Outlook and other programs by connecting through Verizon Wireless. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: AT&T sucks
    ... and CDMA voice. ... We use Verizon for cell service, ... Three screw ups in one month with little ... to actually stop billing me was another story. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Verizon/Sprint iPhone 5 Wont Do Simultaneous Voice and Data on LTE/3G
    ... data and CDMA voice. ... With LTE, Verizon and Sprint no longer have this limitation. ... Or they would buy one of the LTE/3G phones on Verizon that supports simultaneous voice and data. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: Why no Apple office suite for iPad?
    ... There is no simultaneous voice and LTE data on any carrier with the ... On GSM carriers the workaround is that the iPhone drops ... What you could do now on Verizon and Sprint is to have a VOIP app ... been using Verizon for over 10 years, mainly because of the coverage. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Verizion-Moto Blues...over..
    ... Except for big difference in the amount of data allowed. ... the most expensive plan on Page Plus is $70 and get's you unlimited voice and text and 5GB of data. ... The least expensive plan on Verizon is about $115 and gets you only 2GB of data. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)