Re: Verizon proposal to change me from AC1 to AC2...
- From: SMS <scharf.steven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:23:00 -0800
I live in South Florida and was a victim of hurricane Wilma. As a result of storm related heavy use I ended up using a very large amount of my monthly allotment of minutes in the first few days of the billing cycle. When I saw what was going on with my account I called customer service and inquired if there was some relief available to me. The rep, who was very nice about it, offered me the following change:
Current: AC1 Family Share 550/250 IN per line/3000 N&W ($55+$20) (This is off-contract and dates back to 2002. I also have free detailed billing.)
Offered: AC2 Family Share 1000/Unlimited IN/Unlimited N&W ($70+$9.99) This change would be backdated to the beginning of the billing cycle and would NOT require going back on contract.
1) What, if anything, am I losing by going from AC1 to AC2? Am I going
to loose the ability to make/receive calls anyplace I might practically
care about? My understanding is that I will be losing the ability to
ROAM (at $0.65/min.), which is something I am loathe to do, but might
have to in an emergency.
You do lose roaming. I've never gotten a straight answer as to which CDMA and AMPS systems there is no roaming agreement on, but there are some.
In my case, I'd lose the 8:01 p.m. off-peak start time if I switched. .
- Prev by Date: Re: V276 moblile connection problems
- Next by Date: Re: no more free phones from VZW?
- Previous by thread: Re: Verizon proposal to change me from AC1 to AC2...
- Next by thread: Re: Verizon proposal to change me from AC1 to AC2...