Re: Cingular dropping more customers that they sold service to, due to 50% policy

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 06:42:53 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in <44cb65e0$0$96208$742ec2ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Sam wrote:

True. But isn't like we don't have a fixed account receivable business
model here. I mean, contract or no contract, you still pay monthly fees. So
every customer is profitable.

This is true.

Actually false. There is a real "opportunity cost" of service, and low
revenue customers can in fact be unprofitable.

Wireless is unlike a business where you're actually manufacturing
something, since with wireless, each new customer doesn't require new
production (yes, eventually you'll have to add capacity, but in reality
the network is built out now, and the carriers are desperately trying to
use all the capacity they built).

Also untrue for the reason stated above.

Bottom line is that it makes sense to give your better customers better
deals on new equipment, it's just hard to take something away that
you've been giving away in the past.

Of course.

--
Best regards, FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS:
John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>

  • Re: Customers- Contracts form problem
    ... Contract table is the CustomerID of that customer. ... To illustrate this you can try it directly in your query ... CustomerID - Autonumber - Primary key with no ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Online Shopping Contract Advice
    ... if a customer is rejected legitimately by a risk ... contract that is fair to a consumer. ... The question is when the retailer becomes *obliged* ... to take the money from your card and it is not taken until I request it. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Customers- Contracts form problem
    ... customer info actually part of the contract record itself. ... In this case you would not use a combobox to lookup a ... contract/customer query that fuels your subform, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Another Scum ADT salesman
    ... What if the customer was lying, ... customers never lie so we should rush to judge the alarm ... not knowing the terms of the contract. ... last 8 installs 1 was a combo 1 straight burg and rest fire only. ...
    (alt.security.alarms)