Re: Letter From Cingular - Service Impacting Issue

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:44:00 -0400, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"
<elmop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
<elmop-2CB230.18440020072006@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

In article <qVMvg.2690$Mz3.2614@fed1read07>,
paulmurray1 <paulmurray1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The phone book on
the SIM always has to initialize and on some phones, that can take up to
a minute and half after you've turned it on. Your phonebook is useless
until it initializes.

Huh? What's the problem with that?

Tell me, how often do you turn your phone off? Then how often do you
need your SIM card IMMEDIATELY upon turning your phone on?

You remind me of the people who bitch about a web browser because it
takes a few more seconds to launch than another web browser. Tell me,
how often do you launch a web browser?

Pretty often, actually -- I see no point in tying up a lot of memory for
no good reason. That's my only real bitch with Mozilla Firefox -- it's
a memory pig and a startup turtle.

--
Best regards, FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS:
John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>