Forget 411: Get 3x the information for 1/3 the price.

411 directory assistance calls are one of the biggest ripoffs of the
mobile phone world. For example, on Cingular, using 411 costs you $1.50
per call, plus airtime charges.

In contrast, a service like Google SMS will cost you at most 20-50
cents in text messaging charges - and you can get 3 listings per
request instead of just one. That's 3 times as much data for 1/3 the
cost - hard to beat that.

For carrier by carrier details on how much you can save by avoiding
this kind of gouging, check out SMS 411:
http://www.sms411.net/2006/08/save-money-on-411-info-calls.html

--Dylan Tweney, SMS 411

  • Re: MV by Phone and Cross-Platform MV connectivity
    ... All-spec.com is 100% MV driven but we don't sell e-goods and we're ... As far as SMS, I've not gotten positive feedback from our customers ... Add that cost to the ... test a marketing idea and give proof-of-concept. ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: Forget 411: Get 3x the information for 1/3 the price.
    ... per call, plus airtime charges. ... a service like Google SMS will cost you at most 20-50 ... For carrier by carrier details on how much you can save by avoiding ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: Calling and texting the US of A from the UK
    ... He tells me my texts cost him money to receive and ditto ... AT&T charges 20 or 25 cents per incoming SMS, ... number is depends on the price plan the phone is on (and on how you ... What I can't figure out is how using a calling card would make anything ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Errors in Codex:Tau Empire[40k]
    ... SMS cost odd. ... For Hammerheads and Skyrays a pair of gun drones is +20 ... states that "The Devilfish has the gun drone vehicle upgrade at no ...
    (rec.games.miniatures.warhammer)