Re: Mandatory phone upgrade?

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uv8bd21b8k02bdv1jansqft55r0v01bg7o@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 19:06:54 -0700, SMS <scharf.steven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in <44d54ebb$0$96220$742ec2ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

cranheim wrote:
I thought I heard on the news that some cingular phones will have to be
upgraded. Does anyone know which phones are becoming obsolete? I have a
Nokia 6340i Gait phone that handles GSM and TDMA. I would get a
straight
GSM phone if it gave me the same coverage as I now have with the gait
phone.

Huh? How do you expect to get the same coverage without AMPS, which has
an order of magnitude greater geographic coverage than GSM.

Not true.

Very true and you know it.

  • Re: How Long? (AT&T - Cingular)
    ... The overlay of TDMA with GSM is essentially complete. ... Cingular networks. ... inevitably there will be some coverage holes for GSM as compared to the old ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: How Long? (AT&T - Cingular)
    ... Therefore there should be just as much cingular gsm coverage as there was/is cingular tdma coverage. ... If customers of any carrier, gsm or cdma or whatever, encounter dead spots, they would do well to report them to the carrier so improvements can be made. ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: ATT-Cingular Hell - Tower problem help needed
    ... >>customers using GSM as compared to TDMA. ... >they've adjusted their coverage to service GSM rather than TDMA in her ... Cingular does not. ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: GSM Cingular in Alabama is 850?
    ... >Cingular coverage in Alabama has changed in the last few weeks, ... >TDMA coverage is less, some places that were strong TDMA are AMPS only now. ... No big changes in GSM coverage. ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: Can I still get a GAIT phone activated?
    ... With TDMA going away but still filling in gaps in my area that GSM ... I would like to have a GAIT phone. ... new two year contract just to switch that TDMA phone to a GSM (even when ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)