Re: Article re CELCOs clamping down on 'unlimited'

GomJabbar wrote:
John Navas wrote:
On 1 Jun 2006 21:50:03 -0700, "GomJabbar" <dkbatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
in <1149223803.656284.91710@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Well, at least most Cingular customers won't have to worry about being
cut-off for 3G data use since so little of the country is covered in 3G
service!
There's actually good UMTS/HSDPA coverage in several major areas, in
addition to widespread EGPRS(EDGE) coverage.

Spoken like a true Cingular sycophant. Just look at the nationwide
map. How much is covered in UMTS/HSDPA? Maybe 5%? Coverage may be
great in that 5%, but that is not what I am referring to. I don't
dispute EDGE coverage, but that is not 3G in the opinion of the
majority. See map below for Cingular's 3G coverage area. (It's those
few blue spots - if you are not colorblind).

Analysts are constantly citing the vast difference in 3G coverage levels between Verizon and Sprint, and Cingular.

You can see a summary of the areas covered by each carrier at "http://reviews-zdnet.com.com/4520-11288_16-5664933-4.html";

EDGE is not included in the Cingular coverage list, since technically it is not 3G.

  • Re: Interesting Sunday Times item about phone networks
    ... There can be no detailed coverage map at those frequencies in my view. ... and Vodafone customers might ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • TOT: Interesting Sunday Times item about phone networks
    ... leading their customers about ... guide to 3G coverage. ... erage map showed this area had ... However, these networks are ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Interesting Sunday Times item about phone networks
    ... leading their customers about ... guide to 3G coverage. ... and Vodafone customers might ... erage map showed this area had ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Channels used at Blackhill
    ... but even so the frequencies seemed impossibly ... I reember that just before BBC2 opened from Pontop Pike a coverage map was ... coverage on higher channels came as a shock. ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: DTV followup
    ... The coverage map does not show the digital ... how does that work if a station isn't broadcasting digital yet? ... Japanese guys in a van with a handheld antenna about two feet long. ...
    (misc.rural)