Re: Disabled Bluetooth Question

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uPqSf.572974$qk4.18709@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In <BepSf.73$OP3.43@xxxxxxxx> on Thu, 16 Mar 2006 21:32:05 -0500,
"Michael"
<mkr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Ric" <no@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:zuTRf.1561$ny.530@xxxxxxxxxxx
I know why providers disable the various Bluetooth options on different
phones, but I'm wondering if it's possible to restore the full Bluetooth
functionality.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on why a provider would do this. ...

Security. (Google "Bluejacking".)
Piracy. (File sharing.)

John, I'm afraid neither explains why for $109 I can get a phone with full
BT, and for $129 I get a phone with BT brain-dead, from the same provider.
I'm still thinking that the disfunction is originated at the phone
manufacturer, not the service provider.

mike

  • Re: Disabled Bluetooth Question
    ... but I'm wondering if it's possible to restore the full Bluetooth ... functionality. ... I'd appreciate your thoughts on why a provider would do this. ... They don't care about security or ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: RFC: virus handling
    ... > will write a script that can reach every single user with an active ... Perhaps something with more limited functionality, ... The provider can take this information, ... Senior Software Designer, Momentum Computer ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Performance question
    ... > This would greatly depend on which functionality is implemented in the ... > corresponding driver or provider and how well it is done. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.data.oledb)
  • Re: SQL 2K5 AND VS.NET 2K3
    ... The SQL Native Client (via OLE DB) is designed to expose all of SS 2K5's ... functionality. ... While the old OLE DB provider might work, ...
  • Re: How can I insert a widget into PowerPoint?
    ... able to reproduce the functionality with code. ... MS PowerPoint MVP Team ... Provider of PFCPro, PFCMedia and PFCExpress ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)