Re: FFMR meaning?

In article <%PGOf.5261$gm.725@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Cliff" <missingrealname@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"Ernie Klein" <ecklein@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Last night I made a test. I called my wife's phone (in the same room).
This morning I find the same two entries in the billing record for that
call. Roaming cannot be the answer.

Ernie -

You are not grasping what I am saying. With the plan that you are on now it
is possible that you are "roaming" (ie - using another companies towers)
without being charged for it.

I hear you Cliff, I'm just not buying it.

The FFMR _only_ shows up against incoming family to family (mobile to
mobile) calls, *never* to incoming (or outgoing) non-mobile calls, even
though the phone is in the same location for both types of calls.

My mobile to mobile calls can't _all_ be using other companies towers,
while landline to mobile or mobile to landline calls _never_ use other
companies towers. Also, I know where the cellsight is that I use from
my home, I can see it out my back window on top of the SBC building
about a mile away.

--
-Ernie-

"There are only two kinds of computer users -- those who have
suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure, and those who will."

Have you done your backup today?

  • Cellular-News for Thursday 17th November 2005
    ... Ireland's communications regulator Wednesday awarded Smart Telecom PLC Ireland's fourth and final third-generation mobile phone license. ... Data Optimized) network to Western Canada. ... Macau Signs CDMA Roaming Contract ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)
  • Re: Mobile phone costs and roaming questions
    ... that allows mobile operators to determine the network on which any specific mobile phone is currently roaming. ... Can a carrier other than the home carrier for a mobile user determine the network on which a user is currently roaming? ... Is there a whitepaper that I can access to learn about the technical and regulatory aspects of this database? ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom.tech)
  • Re: A couple of not really spoilers for Tuesday
    ... Something dimly pings in my mind about the horrendous call charges to ... The word 'roaming' creeps in. ... They only cost me 10p and I don't even have a mobile phone. ... local PAYG phone/sim card when he's out there. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: got incalling
    ... It also includes 1000 Minutes mobile to mobile, ... absolutely NO ROAMING no matter where I call from in the western 12 states ... They can have my SRW plan when they pry my phone from my cold dead fingers. ... Got myself an old single rate west plan with an Oregon number. ...
    (alt.cellular.verizon)
  • Re: Orange N80 and data
    ... I have roaming activated. ... set up the data connection like I've described, ... If the phone was set to automatic, it would go to T Mobile by ... like the N70. ...
    (uk.telecom.mobile)