Re: Tethered Data Connection Plans

In <43848037$0$75844$742ec2ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on Wed, 23 Nov 2005 06:44:20
-0800, SMS <scharf.steven@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>dold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> MediaNet Unlimited is $19.99 and prohibits tethering.
>
>Read what the legal terms actually say.

MEdia Net packages are not intended for tethering. Cingular reserves
the right to remove customers from MEdia Net packages for the use of
a wireless device as an interface to other devices or networks, as
determined by Cingular, including but not limited to device
tethering.

>It doesn't really matter if you had MediNet prior to the addition of the
>legalese regarding tethering, Cingular can still remove you from the
>plan for any reason.

Actually it does matter, because Cingular can't make a significant change to
the terms without letting you out of your subscriber agreement without
penalty.

>If you don't like it, you can sue them, but of
>course you can't, because you have to go to arbitration.

It may be possible to have that clause set aside by a court.

--
Best regards, FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS
John Navas <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ>

  • Re: 8125 PDA and Laptop
    ... Since the Cingular retail sales reps are recommending this, ... It appears to be a fact that people are using the SmartPhone devices to ... tethering package, or accept fixed MB download use. ... to terminate", which they so far haven't done and which is why I say ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: Interestign Data Connect clarification
    ... There actually are ways tethering like that can be detected and/or ... a MediaNET umlimited account (using MediaNet authorized WAP.CINGULAR ... Microsoft, one infamous Microsoft Software Engineer who publicly posted ... the original MEdia Works Unlimited was released by Cingular. ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: Tethered Data Connection Plans
    ... >> you don't use it for tethering," I have a serious problem with using the ... > I walked in to the Cingular store, and asked which phones would allow me to ... > MediaBasic didn't offer enough data per month, so I added MediaNet. ... > Where does that leave me, in a moral and legal sense? ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: All-you-can-eat 3G may not last
    ... MEdia Net packages are not intended for tethering. ... devices or networks, as determined by Cingular, including but ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)
  • Re: 8125 PDA and Laptop
    ... there sales reps at retail outlets are even says "it's all ... Cingular is careful to reserve ... I take that to mean just be conservative with the tethering, ... St. John Smythe wrote: ...
    (alt.cellular.cingular)