Re: Anyone Ditch Their landline?
- From: Jerome Zelinske <jeromez1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 12:19:34 GMT
Everywhere I frequent the emergency number is the same 911.
Your point has some validity, but I think cellphones offer benefits in this area that landlines do not.
For instance, your landline only exists at your residence.
On my cellphone I have the emergency number entered in my phonebook for every municipality/jurisdiction that I frequent (e.g.--adjoining towns, state police, etc.). As I enter all of these under names beginning with 911, it's a simple matter to scroll down to the required contact. In this way, I have the 911 convenience that you speak of in the home, except I have it _everywhere_. In your case, you could program the 911 of your home into a speed dial slot.
- Prev by Date: Re: Unsolicited International Roaming?
- Next by Date: Re: Voice Mail
- Previous by thread: Re: Anyone Ditch Their landline?
- Next by thread: Re: Anyone Ditch Their landline?