starting problems

2000 Sienna LE 175K miles.

I've been having starting problems. Turning the key just makes a
clicking noise from the engine compartment. You have to turn it many
times before the engine finally turns over. This is intermittant, but
it's done it twice today. Usually it fires right up with no problem.

The battery was replaced last year and electrical system checks by
Advance Auto indicate all is well. Is it worth replacing the starter
myself or should I take it to the mechanic?

  • Re: starting problems
    ... clicking noise from the engine compartment. ...  Is it worth replacing the starter ... Just in case it is the battery, can a friend, co-worker or neighbor ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: linearity of mechanical coupling
    ... a car, and then try to cancel the noise inside the car using a ... classical LMS adaptive filter with a cancellation speaker and an error- ... noise and the noise inside the cabin, it is extremely low, which ... the engine compartment and use that to predict what you will ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: linearity of mechanical coupling
    ... a car, and then try to cancel the noise inside the car using a ... classical LMS adaptive filter with a cancellation speaker and an error- ... noise and the noise inside the cabin, it is extremely low, which ... the engine compartment and use that to predict what you will ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: linearity of mechanical coupling
    ... a car, and then try to cancel the noise inside the car using a ... noise and the noise inside the cabin, it is extremely low, which ... It does not work because you try to cancel a different noise ... the engine compartment and use that to predict what you will ...
    (comp.dsp)
  • Re: Mondeo Diesel Death Rattle
    ... My Mondeo has begun rattling from the engine compartment. ... Before I got a chance to have a look, the noise stopped so I thought ... new belt kit will fix it. ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)