(OT) New election issue ( I mean manipulation)?

I'm sitting here watching Rachel Maddow (Sean Hannity with tits) and
she's doing a segment on the *backlog* of 1 million Vets waiting on
their disability claims to go through & how a Democrat Senator (Filner)
is frustrated with the progress. She interviewed Filner and he seemed
fair explaining it but of course her oozing sarcasm seemed to point to
*other* forces in the way of this without actually saying it's the
Republicans fault. I could be wrong but it sure seemed like it, she was
*fighting* the actual words.......But I did agree with her when she said
that we made a promise to these vets when they put themselves in harms
way and that this should not be a partisan issue.

Now me personally, I didn't like the idea of a long standing war
(especially 2) to be honest, we didn't really need another monetary
strain on our system for the next 60 years, but I remember all the anti-
war hoo ha coming from this adminitration & what was the right war &
wrong war rhetoric during the last campaign, and now they are
complaining about something that is happening under a Democrat
administration (Bob Filner-D California, Veterans Affairs Committee)?
Doesn't it seem like they are admitting *failure* on something under
this administration?

How about an EXECUTIVE order on this isuue Mr. Obama? Where's Joe Bidens
raging rhetoric on this issue eh? Maddow claimed it seemed like this
issue wasn't important enough to pay attention to, yes she is right,
paying attention to the fair treatment of illegals breaking the law is
because it GETS VOTES!!!

  • Re: Another happy Somali immigrant
    ... The fraudulence of the "War on Terror" is clearly revealed by looking at the pattern of actions that preceded and followed its launch. ... Since Sept. 11, 2001, the administration of George W. Bush has told and repeated a lie that is "big enough" to confirm Joseph Goebbels' testimony. ...
    (rec.motorcycles)
  • Leak Case Renews Questions on Wars Rationale
    ... over the Bush administration's justification for the war in Iraq. ... The dispute over the rationale for the war has led to upheaval in the ... According to lawyers in the case, Mr. Libby remains ... administration had twisted intelligence about Iraq's nuclear program. ...
    (sci.med.diseases.lyme)
  • Re: OT - Iraq photos too shocking for the main stream media to show!
    ... the strong will always exploit the weak, and war will always plague us.... ... views prior to the current administration. ... Knowing what we all know about the Iraq intel that seems to have been ...
    (rec.music.makers.percussion)
  • Re: Antiwar Protests
    ... mistakes are a normal and inevitable part of war. ... During World War II the Roosevelt Administration made much ... Despite your views about the imperfections of the current administration, ... I really don't like that kind of politics. ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • THE ONLY WAY TO WIN THIS WAR: The path to American defeat
    ... The only way to win this war is for US to realize the cost if we lose. ... Eight years of dangerous miscalculations by the Clinton administration ... have unwittingly set back our nation's effort to fight terrorism. ... Colin Powell continued to do in the private sector what he ...
    (alt.true-crime)