{OT:} Chamber of Commerce & Boehner: Should Help Pay For Oil Spill

"I think the people responsible in the oil spill--BP and the federal
government--should take full responsibility for what's happening
there," Boehner said at his weekly press conference this morning.

Boehner's statement followed comments last Friday by US Chamber of
Commerce CEO Tom Donohue who said he opposes efforts to stick BP, a
member of the Chamber, with the bill. "It is generally not the
practice of this country to change the laws after the game," he said.
"Everybody is going to contribute to this clean up. We are all going
to have to do it. We are going to have to get the money from the
government and from the companies and we will figure out a way to do
that."

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/06/boehner-government--ie-taxpayers--should-help-pay-for-oil-spill.php?ref=fpa