Lentz: Toyota sales up 30 percent in March
- From: Ed White <ce.white3@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:34:37 -0700 (PDT)
Lentz: Toyota sales up 30 percent in March; worst may be over
Automotive News -- March 30, 2010 - 1:43 pm ET
NEW YORK -- Perhaps seeing some light at the end of the tunnel, Toyota
expects March sales to be up 30 to 35 percent over year-ago figures,
outpacing industry gains, its top U.S. executive said today.
Jim Lentz, president of Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., said the “biggest
surprise has been the RAV4,” which saw sales surge to an expected
22,000 units in March, far above the crossover’s typical sales. Lentz
theorized that perhaps RAV4 incentives were a bit high.
While both car and truck sales have risen, “it’s really light trucks
that are driving the business,” Lentz told journalists gathered
outside the NADA/IHS Global Insight Forum here.
More at http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100330/RETAIL01/100339988/1290
- Prev by Date: Re: NASA will help probe Toyota acceleration problem
- Next by Date: Re: Prius Question
- Previous by thread: Re: NASA will help probe Toyota acceleration problem
- Next by thread: Re: Prius Question