tire depth for state inspection?

Hi all,

I just have my car done with PA state inspection, the garage warned me
that my car's tires are worn too thin(they barely passed the
inspection) and should need new tires very soon. Then, I have tire
rotated at walmart, the tire depth reading for all 4 tires of my car
are 8/32, are they too thin for 8/32? What is the average tire depth
requirement for most of state inspection? thx.

  • Re: tire depth for state inspection?
    ... > I just have my car done with PA state inspection, ... > inspection) and should need new tires very soon. ... 8/32 is 1/4" which is fine, unless the tires are worn more in the center ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: Tire warranty questions
    ... My tires measured at 4/32. ... What is minimum thread ... depth is required by State inspection or considered normal? ... If the tread depth is shallower, it cannot channel water out and the tire ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: tire depth for state inspection?
    ... I just have my car done with PA state inspection, ... inspection) and should need new tires very soon. ... the tire depth reading for all 4 tires of my car ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: tire depth for state inspection?
    ... I just have my car done with PA state inspection, ... inspection) and should need new tires very soon. ... the minimum tread depth is 2/32" unless the wear bar is ... If the outsides are more worn than the inside and the tires are evenly ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: tire depth for state inspection?
    ... I just have my car done with PA state inspection, ... inspection) and should need new tires very soon. ... the minimum tread depth is 2/32" unless the wear bar is even ... If the outsides are more worn than the inside and the tires are evenly worn ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)