Re: 2004 Camry air filter housing bolt

On 16 May 2007 15:45:07 -0700, therays@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I had my oil changed at one of the fast lube places today and they
checked my air filter. Once I got home I double checked their work and
found the lost the rear bolt on the air filter housing. Does anyone
know the size of this bolt or where I can get a replacement?
TIA.

Don't worry about the cost, even though it shouldn't be much - call
the local Toyota Dealer and get a part number and a price, and check
availability.

Then call the Quick Lube place and talk to the General Manager.
Give him the ordering information, and ask how long it will take them
to send someone over to the dealer, buy the bolt and get back, so you
can come by with the car and have them install it.

Explain the procedure to them just like that so you make it clear
they don't have a choice in the matter, because unless they can find
the bolt on the floor somewhere, they really don't. Sounds like you
are reasonably certain the bolt was there when you took the car in.

--<< Bruce >>--

  • Re: (Rant) DIY Butchers
    ... How could I ever forget the GT380 that had carpet underlay as air filter ... and the spring that sits on the rear brake pedal rod was just ... same place as one of the n/s foot peg carrier bolts and the two 5m ... mudguard getting crushed when you tighten the bolt though the leg lug ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • Re: 2004 Camry air filter housing bolt
    ... found the lost the rear bolt on the air filter housing. ... another vehicle, pull the other bolt out, take it to a hardware store, and ... If you don't have another car, pull it out at the store or ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: bmw 330d sport tourer.
    ... I've swapped the air filter in my 2000 330D. ... Could you have missed the bolt ... the engine bay to get to it. ... be missing something. ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Oil Filter Removal Tips
    ... in the floor of a sports car just above the brake line that goes to the ... transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more ... Hydraulic Floor Jack: ... E-Z Out Bolt and Stud Extractor: ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: 94 Celica Liftback Manual Antenna Replacement
    ... the replacement bulb cost $200. ... Push the bolt all the way down to a splash shield under the engine, ... to fit under the car without jacking it up, ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)