Help! 99 Auto Camry, no gear works.
- From: branden.hughes@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: 5 Sep 2006 10:59:02 -0700
The motor went out, presumably rod bearings based on the horrible noise
it was making -- so we acquired another longblock and proceeded to swap
it out. Unbolted the transmission, torque converter from the old
motor, refilled the torque converter with fluid, attached the torque
converter to the transmission, making sure the splines connected on
both the gear shaft and oil pump shaft, bolted it all back together,
and now it won't engage any gear.
The transmission was working fine before. The 'new' motor sounds
perfect. Fluid level shows full, the linkage is reconnected and
appears to work properly. No fluid pressure exists. I can pull the
top hose on the tranny oil cooler and nothing comes out.
I know next to nothing about auto trannies. They're magic to me. Did
we neglect some important step? Is the oil pump trashed? Does it need
to be primed in some fashion? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciate as I have no idea what to do short of getting a junkyard
tranny and bolting it up instead.
- Prev by Date: The dreaded check engine light
- Next by Date: Re: Brake woes - still here
- Previous by thread: The dreaded check engine light
- Next by thread: Re: Help! 99 Auto Camry, no gear works.