Re: do any of you ALSO own a Jetta or Passat?

I have had a Volvo, a Jetta and a BMW.

I will NEVER own another Eurpoean car as long as I live!!!!
I'll buy a Chevy first!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ironically, one of the most trouble-free cars I've owned was a Peugeot. And
I've owned a Renault Le Car, and a Simca many years ago that had no
particular problems,
except that French plastic tends to crystallize in sunshine.
Awful stuff. But the Peugeot was built like a bank vault.

Rented a Citroen C-3 in Ireland a few years ago and loved it....both my wife
and I agreed that if they were sold in the US we'd buy one.

But if you'd buy a Chevy, which one? The Suzuki? Or one made in Canada?

  • Re: power steering stop leak?
    ... junk that car, but it was his first and he loved it. ... But I paid only $900 for it and we drove it for 10 years. ... I always have a bigger Chevy for my highway trips. ... It was easy to drive and 2L pushrod engine was better than most of the OHC engines I've had as far as smooth power and fuel economy goes. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: For the yuppie that has everything....
    ... successor to my Cimarron. ... (Both the Cadillac Seville* & Chevy Chevette idiocies dated ... it wasn't a bad car. ... The problem was that they were a Chevy ...
    (soc.motss)
  • Re: PT Grill kits
    ... The 1948 Chevy truck started the "louvered square" grille that lasted ... Chevy dealers literally have tons of ... car, but somehow they managed to take a big sedan and make it look ...
    (rec.autos.makers.chrysler)
  • Re: PT Grill kits
    ... The 1948 Chevy truck started the "louvered square" grille that lasted ... car, now, does it? ...
    (rec.autos.makers.chrysler)
  • Re: power steering stop leak?
    ... My wife ran into a car which them rammed the two ... there wasn't that much damage to the Chevy. ... The latest I owned is my '97, and since my son does ... But I paid only $900 for it and we drove it for 10 years. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)