Re: Fuel pump relay & fuel pump inertia switch

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 20:48:33 -0600, "Dalton" <durlt@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Anyone could tell me where to find Fuel pump relay and fuel pump inertia
switch on my 95 T100. The engine kills when I accelerate hard. By the way
576000 original miles.
Thanks

Are you sure this is an inertia switch related problem? I thought
that once an inertia switch or rollover switch trips, you have to
reset them manually.

I'd think the first suspects would be a bad fuel pump, clogged or
pinched fuel system line, or bad fuel pressure regulator, something in
that area - when the fuel pump pressure and flow can't keep up with
the injector demand at WOT, it'll act like the fuel pump or the
ignition is cutting off.

I'm surprised that the OBD-2 computer hasn't set a trouble code.
(Check Engine light.)

Hook up a fuel pressure gauge (with a long hose) to the test point
on the injector rail, take someone with you to watch the pressure
gauge, go out test-driving and romp on the gas hard.

IIRC the fuel rail pressure is supposed to go up when RPM's and fuel
demand are higher - if it stays static or drops, the pressure
regulator has problems.

--<< Bruce >>--

Electrician for Westend Electric - CA726700
5737 Kanan Rd. #359, Agoura CA 91301 (818) 889-9545

  • Re: 92 Explorer floods and backfires
    ... Fuel injectors are designed (rather, physics has made them design fuel ... injectors) to work at a specific pressure drop across the injector nozzle... ...
    (rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer)
  • Re: Hotsy Pressure washer questions
    ... Beware the pressure side-an old machine may be weak and have corrosion or fatigue damage...don't want to hot-wash your face... ... A fuel oil burner has a VERY narrow A/F range, and atomization, turbulence, temperature of the combustion chamber, and the character of the blower air flow all affect combustion. ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)
  • Re: E30 320i fuel pump replacement
    ... the inside of the pressure regulator. ... This disc is attached to a rubber diaphragm that will ... The outside diameter of the rubber diaphragm is sealed between the ... The lower chamber of the housing is connected to the fuel rail and is ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Further on "Rockets not carrying fuel."
    ... > possibility of piping the fuel up to a rocket during ascent rather than ... > carrying the entire fuel load from the beginning of the trip. ... > density low at high pressure by making the temperature high. ... > need the high efficiency that a liquid hydrogen/liquid oxygen engine ...
    (sci.astro)
  • Re: Further on "Rockets not carrying fuel."
    ... > possibility of piping the fuel up to a rocket during ascent rather than ... > carrying the entire fuel load from the beginning of the trip. ... > density low at high pressure by making the temperature high. ... > need the high efficiency that a liquid hydrogen/liquid oxygen engine ...
    (sci.space.policy)