Re: Toyota Alarm Question

"Johnny" <n@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:43fe4708_3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Joe" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:43fde087$0$27101$c3e8da3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Secondly most annoying of all - what are you supposed to do when you have
passenger and want to leave them in the car while you go to pay for
petrol
or into a shop? In the petrol scenario, I fill the car up go to pay and
the
alarm arms itself and goes off when the passenger moves! Surely there is
no
logic to that?

It shouldn't arm itself after you've stopped the engine and shut the
doors.
The only time it arms itself is if it was alarmed, and then you disarm it
and don't start the car up.

I believe that the security system can be programmed several ways. By
default, it should arm itself if you shut off the engine and lock the doors.

--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)

  • Re: Goodbye GM - a brilliant article
    ... For people in rural areas not served by the train lines, ... riders taxpayers have to pay another 7 dollars so this can keep ... Once we can no longer afford to buy Japanese ... If you have made the trip by car, you know that in the inland ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Goodbye GM - a brilliant article
    ... For people in rural areas not served by the train lines, ... Provide tax incentives for those who travel by hybrid car or bus ... riders taxpayers have to pay another 7 dollars so this can keep ... Once we can no longer afford to buy Japanese ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Towpath mooring charges
    ... I don't have to pay to keep a car on my drive. ... You are getting "rent" from it by parking your car on it. ... many do that if there are no parking charges, ...
    (uk.rec.waterways)
  • Re: The Snot Report ("Democracy for the Few")
    ... own my house, my car, and my electronic toys. ... Yes, I was told this, approximately, by Russians who were serious guys. ... You forgot I have to pay taxes because I really don't own the ...
    (sci.research.careers)
  • Re: Wyoming blocks new science standards because climate education "would wreck the economy"
    ... I parked my car in at shopping center and started walking ... driver - a young black guy -- was waving at me. ... Pasadena and I was going North on the Pasadena freeway, ... waving his arms for all he was worth in my headlights. ...
    (soc.retirement)