Re: 03 Camry auto. cold shift problem?
- From: "Ray O" <rokigawa@tristarassociatesDOTcomn>
- Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:52:08 -0600
<JW> wrote in message news:c74kt1d1rgbgn4qrj6lac22npt95jmddut@xxxxxxxxxx
>I recently purchased this vehicle, 4 cylinder, automatic trans. with
> 102,000 miles. I have noticed when the engine is cold, the
> transmission won't do a 2-3 or 3-4 shift, I'm not sure which, until
> the temp gauge is most of the way up to normal. There is a 4 lane
> highway about a 1/4 of a mile from the house, so the engine doesn't
> get a chance to warm up till after I'm running on the highway and go
> about 2 miles. Just to check, I ran it up to 70 mph and 4000 rpm
> yesterday and it still wouldn't shift until the heat gauge came up.
> All other shifts seem flawless and almost unnoticed. It never does
> this again after warming up. Is this usual?
As badegolferman pointed out, this is normal operation for your car. The
transmission will not shift into overdrive until the engine warms up. This
helps the engine warm up to operating temperature more quickly.
(correct punctuation to reply)
- Prev by Date: Re: Engine check light caused by P0441 code
- Next by Date: Re: Engine check light caused by P0441 code
- Previous by thread: Re: 03 Camry auto. cold shift problem?
- Next by thread: Re: 03 Camry auto. cold shift problem?