Re: Checkup for Car

Might be time to change the cooling fluids (in radiator). You're going on 5
years with it. I would flush the brake fluid too (it accumulates moisture).

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> With only 10,000 miles, there is nothing to be concerned about.
>
> The people that change the oil should be checking the other fluids, but
> you shouldn't need any of them in quantities to be concerned about.
>

> <Dorot29701@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Besides getting the oil changed on a regular basis (every four months)
>> what other things should be done. My car is 2002 with a little over
>> 10,000 miles. Do I need to worry about getting the transmission fluid
>> changed? No one has ever suggested anything except rotating the tires
>> Thanks. (I am assuming that the people changing the oil also check the
>> fluid levels. I go to the dealership for this).

  • Re: Universal oil for automotive use?
    ... generally a 30weight oil, but not is probably some multi-weight variety. ... Check out the FAQs for Chrysler transmission fluid recommendations on ... they are regular multi-vis gear lubes. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.chrysler)
  • Re: The smooth-running Inline 6 to be replaced?
    ... change your transmission fluid or does it come with BMW "lifetime ... I've got 120k miles now and no problems. ... 'Common wisdom' says engines should also have 3000 mile oil changes ... It doesn't get contaminated in the same way as engine oil. ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Secret password for hiring a plumber?
    ... He refines his own oil because if anyone ... My mechanic checks or greases all the ... fluid, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, and tops them off at no ... At 12000 miles, he noticed some rust on the rear ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: Times you prefer a dealer to an independent?
    ... In Medford, Oregon, going to the dealer was easy. ... wait 2 hours for an oil change. ... That's an easier job than oil changes, ... Lastly, transmission fluid flushes/drains. ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: "Sealed Transmission"??
    ... Once I replaced the valve body with a rebuilt one... ... okay again with new fluid. ... scheduled but missed to 100,000 miles generally don't have contaminated oil. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)