Re: Tires

A 215/45x17 is a direct replacement of the 195/70x14s that you have now.

"Scott Dorsey" <kludge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
So, the 2002 came with 165-13 rims, which were okay until I could no
longer
get 165-13 tires. That's when I replaced them with some newer rims from
(I think) a 328, which take 195/70R14 tires which were fine for a long
time.

Now I'm finding it difficult to get anything in 195/70R14.... I really
liked
the Goodyear F-1s but they don't make them in that size any more. The
Aquatreads were okay, a little hard and a little skittery on grooved
pavement
but okay. But, they don't make them in that size any more. So I went
with
the Michelin Hydro-Edge, which wasn't bad. But, although they claim to
make
it in that size, they don't actually ship any and they have been
backordered
at the distributor since November 2009. So, I tried a Sumitomo tire,
which
was discontinued almost days after I put them on.

Is it time for me to change rims again. If so, any recommendations?
--scott

  • Tires
    ... So, the 2002 came with 165-13 rims, which were okay until I could no longer ... which take 195/70R14 tires which were fine for a long time. ... Aquatreads were okay, a little hard and a little skittery on grooved pavement ... C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis." ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Tires
    ... get 165-13 tires. ... Aquatreads were okay, a little hard and a little skittery on grooved ... Is it time for me to change rims again. ... C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis." ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Tires
    ... get 165-13 tires. ... Aquatreads were okay, a little hard and a little skittery on grooved ... Is it time for me to change rims again. ... C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis." ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Wheels Shimmy after 60 MPH
    ... balance and the tech touched the tires and said that they felt out of ... Rotate the tires... ... C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis." ... I think I may have to change rims and tires. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: RCR rims, NASACAR SAYS IT DIDNT HAPPEN
    ... have any problems in post race tech Sunday night at Loudon. ... the issue of the rims never ... inspection as they left the air. ... said, I don't see how they could drill rims, tires, inner liners (which ...
    (rec.autos.sport.nascar)