Re: '00 3 Series Transmission
- From: kludge@xxxxxxxxx (Scott Dorsey)
- Date: 10 Mar 2010 22:16:52 -0500
Jeff Strickland <crwlrjeff@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The discount is there, but I hate to spend the savings on fixing the trans.
I need to know what the problem is so I can understand what it takes to fix
Welcome to the marvelous world of the automatic transmission, where the cost
to diagnose a problem is usually more than the cost to just drop it and put
a rebuilt in.
It could be a lot of things, but to actually figure out what the real story
is will require dropping and disassembling, and when you're at that point
you might as well just change it anyway.
And no, putting a manual in isn't a realistic option. I've looked at what
it takes to put a manual in place of an auto and there's just a lot of stuff
to replace and line up.
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
- Prev by Date: Re: '00 3 Series Transmission
- Next by Date: Re: '00 3 Series Transmission
- Previous by thread: Re: '00 3 Series Transmission
- Next by thread: Re: '00 3 Series Transmission