Re: Central locking problem / question

Jeff Strickland wrote:
Good luck.

I took my driver side door lacth out because the window did not drop and raise properly, and found the defective switch. There are three switches on the door latches, my guess is there are two on the hatch latch. I'm not so interested in unlocking the doors from the trunk, but I like locking the doors from there, and unlocking the trunk from the door.

One thing you might find is a broken wire in the bundle that passes between the body and the hatch. As you open and close the hatch, there is a wire bundle that flexes, and a flexed wire will eventually break.

"Glenn" <fake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:fake-E891EA.14344122062008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know what the deadlock position is and its in the middle. This happens
when its supposed to be "free" to lock or unlock. I now believe its in
the lock area in the hatch so I will get in there and find it.

Thank you for the reply.

Glenn

>I have a 1995 BMW 318Ti and I need advise. My hatch will lock the doors
> but not unlock them.

Probably a fault.

> And my doors will not lock or unlock the hatch. Any ideas?

Hatch door is deadlocked and so will not open with other doors (correct
operation). Turn lock to normal.

> Thank you in advance to any and all suggestions.
>
> Glenn

Or perhaps not

  • 94 E36 Double Lock Trouble
    ... You are _supposed_ to be able to lock and unlock the doors by using the key ... in the trunk lid. ... My car ONLY does this if I do not open and close the doors first. ... I cannot unlock the doors from the trunk lock UNLESS I ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Vauxhall Astra - Central Locking
    ... lock and unlock all doors by inserting the key, ... Do Vauxhall dealers or anyone else have a way of checking if the ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)
  • Re: Poltergeists? .... My E39 unlocks itself at random. Any thoughts?
    ... frequenlty less than that. ... I can lock my car the old fashioned way and still unlock ... have returned to find either the driver's door or all doors unlocked. ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Doors unexpectedly unlock
    ... They lock OK. ... after several minutes both doors automatically unlock ... The key must be out of the ignition in order to lock the doors with the ...
    (alt.autos.toyota)
  • Re: How can I invert a negative voltage into a positive one ?
    ... I have a remote starter on my car. ... positive or a negative voltage to either lock or unlock the doors. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)