Re: Central locking problem / question

Thank you VERY much for the help. Now I know where to look. I can skin
the hatch door myself and see if I can't "see" the problem or just
change out the offending parts.

Thanks again

Glenn

In article <Mpk7k.119435$G33.19957@trnddc03>,
"Jeff Strickland" <crwlr@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

All of the locks on the car are operated through a mechanical action when
they are operated locally (with the key). The key turns the lock and the
latch is locked or unlocked. The lock mechanism strikes a switch depending
on which way you twist the key. By your description, your doors work
properly -- the other door locks or unlocks, as the case may be.

Operating the other locks remotely is an electrical action. The key turns
the lock, which strikes a switch to operate the remaining locks. By your
description, both doors will lock or unlock the other door but never operate
the hatch, and the hatch will operate the doors for one operation but not
the other.

My guess is, the hatch solenoid is not working because neither door will
operate the hatch lock, and the hatch lock has one of two switches with a
sticky linkage that affects the switch operation. A malfunctioning hatch
lock will cause the doors to lock but not unlock, or vice versa. And the
malfunctioning solenoid in the hatch will cause the hatch lock to not
respond to the door locks. All of your problems are in the hatch.

"Glenn" <fake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a 1995 BMW 318Ti and I need advise. My hatch will lock the doors
but not unlock them. And my doors will not lock or unlock the hatch. Any
ideas?

Thank you in advance to any and all suggestions.

Glenn

  • Re: Hey, stop picking that lock!
    ... I wanted to unlock the door with my ... "Hey, stop picking that lock!" ... Hey, but digging the floor is ok?! ... Article 3 - Don't unlock doors in towns. ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
  • Re: See what I mean about modern gizmos?
    ... A simple electronic timed lock wouldn't be significantly more complex ... both cases is likely to leave the door unlocked. ... washing cycle to complete. ... a faster door unlock would not help. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: OT: visiting Ireland and England
    ... interior lock is extremely sensitive and it is very easy to nudge it ... If you press the door locks with the door open, ... doors unlock. ... is -20 and you want to warm the car in the morning, ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Ford focus - central locking problem (1999 model)
    ... I have a 1999 Ford Focus with a central locking problem. ... If I press the "lock" button on the key fob - all doors will attempt ... but then ping open again (lock and then unlock). ... If I try locking the car from the driver's door lock, ...
    (uk.rec.cars.maintenance)