Re: 2003.5 M3: Blown Turn Indicator Light Alert
- From: admin <dopy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:06:05 -0400
On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:20:48 -0700, Jed
The dash is randomly displaying the alert for a disfunctional left
turn indicator light. Signaling a left turn results in a rapid
flashing of the left turn signal indicator. However, it appears that
the fault may be with the signal lever itself rather than the light.
Jiggling the lever causes the alert indicator to go out and the signal
works normally thereafter.
Should the lever be replaced? Is this something I should consider
attempting myself or is it best a shop job?
Correcting the Subject line. Damn recalcitrant "l" key on the aptop
Have you checked that both left turn indicators are blinking when the rapid blink happens? The rapid blink is typically caused by a bulb being out. Doubtful that the lever is the root cause of the problem, more likely a bad bulb or wiring at the socket that reconnecting with the lever wiggle clears up momentarily.
- Prev by Date: Re: 1996 328i fuel filter heat sheild bolts
- Next by Date: Re: 1987 325E fuel issue.... HELP!
- Previous by thread: Re: 2003.5 M3: Blown Turn Indicator Light Alert
- Next by thread: Fuel Filter Replacement for 2003 330xi