Re: Smell of melted plastic and no way to start.93/740i
- From: "R. Mark Clayton" <nospamclayton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 20:51:36 +0100
"pj" <pucellaremove@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
During the driving was smell of plastic. After stop is no way to start
engine. In air condition compressor area is lot of black plastic melted
parts like thick folia. Where from could by this plastic? Why engine is
not starting? (Fuel pump is not running). All small fuses are OK. Please
Well obviously something has melted.
It could be some electrical or mechanical part or some foreign object (I got
a plastic bag caught on the exhaust once - terrible smell, but no damage).
Perhaps you left something under the bonnet (hood US), or some of the sound
insulation foam has fallen off the underside.
Once it has all cooled down have a good look, perhaps you can work out what
is missing. Starter [solenoid], fuel pump, ignition all sound possible.
- Prev by Date: Re: Neutral to 1st Gear = THUD
- Next by Date: Re: Smell of melted plastic and no way to start.93/740i
- Previous by thread: Smell of melted plastic and no way to start.93/740i
- Next by thread: Re: Smell of melted plastic and no way to start.93/740i