Re: Ceramic brake pads

Ali wrote:
Any new pads will need bedding in. However, ceramic pads are an overkill for your vehicle because they usually need heat before they start working to their full potential.

I have never heard that before. Do you have a reference to this?

--
-Fred W

  • Re: Ceramic brake pads
    ... overkill for your vehicle because they usually need heat before they ... A part of my skepticism is based on first hand knowledge gained through actual first hand experience. ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Ceramic brake pads
    ... overkill for your vehicle because they usually need heat before they ... Do you have a reference to this? ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: car fires?
    ... They pulled over, got out, and the vehicle ... it could be a brake or bearing getting hot. ... Caliper heat goes into line coupler that starts to soften the line. ... Brake fluid ignites. ...
    (rec.autos.tech)
  • Re: Need a material for my space-rocket !
    ... space rockets have used aluminum. ... Using a sufficiently large thickness of aluminum for strength ... modern space programs because of its excellent heat conducting ... that heat to go except into the body of the vehicle itself. ...
    (sci.materials)
  • Re: Why sailing Down Wind faster than wind is impossible.
    ... The vehicle will go no where. ... Your tread mill model can run at midnight with the lights on or off. ... The tread mill is an air mover. ... able to go up a steeper incline if the air/treadmill is heated by a heat ...
    (sci.physics)