Re: Is it possible to ADD the DVD navigation??

"Nobody" <nobody@xxxxxxx> wrote
If the only car available in the color I want is one without navigation,
is it possible for the dealer to add the factory original in dash OEM DVD
navigation system?

I don't believe that you can add it, since nav requires iDrive, and a
different wiring harness.

Another option I'm curious about being dealer installable or end user
installable is xenon headlights. Is this just a matter of ordering up the
xenon lights off the net and putting them in myself? or is there different
wiring, any electronics anywhere, any difference in the dashboard icons,
etc?

Xenon is not really addable. It requires the headlight washers, a different
wiring harness and power supply, and a completely different headlight
assembly because of the bi-xenon feature. There are ways to do it,
but it wouldn't be legal and probably wouldn't provide better illumination
than the halogens.

Just out of curiousity, and this is probably a stupid idea that might hurt
the value of the car, but is it possible to change the color of the car
very easily? I mean, to get a factory quality paint finish would likely
mean disassembling the car down to the frame right? probably not a good
idea?

Definitely not a good idea. Definitely expensive - I would guess over $10K.

FloydR

  • Re: Is it possible to ADD the DVD navigation??
    ... is it possible for the dealer to add the factory original in dash OEM DVD ... installable is xenon headlights. ... and a completely different headlight ... hurt the value of the car, but is it possible to change the color of the ...
    (alt.autos.bmw)
  • Re: Switching from driving on the right to driving on the left
    ... On USA car, ... Euro headlight got 5 wires... ... that's the wire you need to remove from the socket and reroute it to your separate side marker... ... You will need to drill the rear of the plastic housing assembly to clear the sidelight socket; US cars have the sidelight function built into the front indicators. ...
    (alt.auto.mercedes)
  • Re: Mounting larger flashlights
    ... But I don't have to know the lumens ... rather than a large area like a typical car headlight. ... part of the beam at windshield level. ...
    (rec.bicycles.tech)
  • Re: PWBE - Tweenies
    ... I've been reading about this particular variety of BMW, ... My particular issue is that the wiring in the headlight has ... Luckily this is a problem for the dealer I bought the car from to deal ... I just had an automotive scare on Thursday, when I thought my oil ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: AAAARGH! Starting/running problems in 88 Jetta GLI
    ... I started the car, and it ran fine for about two or three minutes while ... I adjusted the clutch cable. ... Only wiring big wiring harness near the heater core in same year Fox is to ... prior to connecting or disconnecting this wiring harness. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled)